Latest News

Korea Experimental Arts Festival (Hongdae)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 , Posted by Joe at 8:00 AM

So last week I had a lot of fun hanging out in Hongdae with some friends after a much needed dentist appointment. Since this was my second time being in Hongdae, the first time being at night, we decided to do some exploring. After lunch and a few rounds of billiards I was up for anything...or at least I thought I was until I met with the 2010 Experimental Arts Festival Korean Style~



Seriously we had walked on to the street for no more than 3 minutes and we literally ran into, what seemed to be, the beginning of a small parade. With sirens blaring and motorcycles revving their engines we had arrived in front of the Korea Experimental Arts Festival Parade route. Check out some of the pictures that I took as I quickly shuffled to get onto the sidewalk:
















Honestly after checking out the pamphlet that one of the girls had gave me I might actually go back and hang out for a bit. There will be some roof top performances, some workshops, an outdoor performance, as well as some other expos.



The duration of the event will be from July 24th 2010 - August 1st 2010 in various places around Hongik University (The Green Line - Stop 239) as indicated on this awesome little map.



So if you do decide to go, or if you have a question, or if you would just like an awesome travel companion/badass to hang out with for a while; feel free to leave me a comment. Oh yeah, here is a link to their website if you would like some more information about the event [Click Here]

Joe - OUT!!

Currently have 0 comments:

Green Like a Stop Sign?

Green Like a Stop Sign?
Compliments of Elaine Fino