Latest News

A+ Dental (Dentist Service Review)

Saturday, July 17, 2010 , Posted by Joe at 7:00 AM




This is a follow up to a previous posting I made when I tragically chipped my tooth and began my search for a dentist in South Korea. You can [Click Here] to check out the previous blog "Any Good Dentist's in South Korea?" This blog is split into two sections. The Story for all of you who would like to read about my Epic Fail at applying common sense and The Instructions for those of you who would like to just skip the foreplay and get down to business.

-----------------------THE STORY-----------------------------------------------------
After doing some research I am happy to tell you that I actually found a good, accommodating and English speaking dental facility in South Korea. It was honestly too good to be true. Their website has a section in English which allows you to call or write an email in order to schedule an appointment at one of their offices. This was a definite plus since I, like most other haqwon teachers, work nights and don't have time to call before their offices close.

After I had made the appointment online I was promptly called the next morning. They confirmed what I had stated in the email, confirmed my appointment and they asked if I had Korean Insurance (which you should have after working a month in South Korea). Having squared that away I was to meet them at 3:30pm on Saturday in Eungam. Here comes the funny - Now even though I was sent an confirmation email, I set an alarm on my iTouch, and I was given 3 text messages prior to my appointment that reminded me what time to be there I was STILL LATE! I don't know if it's just me but in the states if you asked me "Hey Joe, how long would it take you to get here?" I would shrug my shoulders and say I don't know maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Now you would think living in a completely different country would break me from that, OH NO! I stay with the stupid antics. I left my house a whole hour and a half to get there KNOWING that it would have taken me 2 and a half hours to get there from where I was. But I insisted that a game of pool was more important. I know, I know I should be kicked in the shins.

But they were really cool about it! When I came into their office an hour late they just asked me to fill out a single standard medical form asking me "What are you allergic to" and the like. After they processed the form I was called into the back. Although I couldn't take pictures of the inside, the facility was really clean and there were a lot of staff around to help you with anything you needed. Here was the WOW factor for me through all of this. I had gotten an X-ray taken, a tooth extracted, and a prescription for these bomb ass pain killers all cost me 19700 won ($16.32 USD). In your face America!

Although those procedures are covered by the Korean insurance, what isn't covered was my need to have my cavities taken care of and to have an implant done. (Yep my victory dance has officially stopped) I don't know how much it is going to be just yet, but word is that it isn't going to be cheap. All in all I was glad that I found a place to take care of my dental woes while I'm traveling.

----------------------------THE INSTRUCTIONS-----------------------------------------

For those of your who didn't need the whole story, here is how you get there. To get to the office in Eungam you will want to take Line 6 on the metro. It is stop number 610. When you come up to the street you want to take an immediate right. You will see a monument in a small park. Just walk past it and keep going up the street.



The A+ Dental Office is located on the 8th floor of E-Mart. So you want to keep going up the street until you see a huge E-Mart (which should be on the right hand side of the street).



Now if you don't what to ride an escalator for 8 floors you will have to go around E-Mart until you see this doorway. This will take you to the elevators. If wouldn't tell you this if I didn't value your time ;)




When you hit the 8th floor go up and to your right and you will see the entrance of the A+ Dental Office.

They actually have three offices in South Korea. You can find out the other locations, make an appointment and find any other information by [Clicking Here] to link directly to their site.

Currently have 0 comments:

Green Like a Stop Sign?

Green Like a Stop Sign?
Compliments of Elaine Fino