Latest News

What WAR?

Friday, May 21, 2010 , Posted by Joe at 6:05 AM

So there has been a lot of discussion about South and North Korea's ongoing dialectic that seems to be escalating by the day.

Before I proceed with this tale of "How this began" I assure you all that I AM SAFE and sound.

On March 26th 2010 South Korea lost a naval ship, the Cheonan, after an unexpected torpedo attack. This incident claimed the lives of 46 South Korean sailors and was tied to a North Korean vessel. Mind you that this has been the deadliest attack on this country in the last 2 decades. Needless to say that North Korea's recklessness act has upset many of the local people.

Many of South Korean individuals are insisting that North Korea issue an apology. Instead North Korea has retorted by claiming that if the United Nations continues to tighten sanctions they will have no choice but to have an "all-out war" with South Korea.

Annnnd PAUSE! Now if you read my last blog "Two Sandboxes One Playground" you can probably guess what I am going to say next. Neither I nor the people of South Korea are responsive to such a threat. North Korea is a country that needs help, economic funding and aid. Their country's cries for war are null in its potency when considering that the country of North Korea is suffering from crop failure and mass hunger.



Lee Myung-bak of South Korea (seen above) is the president of South Korea. He often comes under a lot of scrutiny by North Koreans; calling him a "traitor" and "a pawn of the hostile United States."

He really taken off the Christmas Card List when Lee recently made a statement saying that North Korea "should stop wasting money on grand displays and spend the money on its near-starving population."

There's a novel idea. Instead of using all the millions of dollars in aid money that South Korea gives to North Korea for nuclear tests, why don't you play nice and open up some restaurants? And they wonder why President Lee shut off the aid.

In the end I feel that I am directly affected by North Korea's actions. They have managed to do two things that has really rubbing me the wrong way:

1st - They have my messed around and upset my mom. You NEVER mess with a mans mom!

2nd - They broke a very important commandment: "Thou shalt not play with my money!"

After their shenanigans the value of the Korean Won has fallen. That means that when I move my money from South Korea to the U.S. I am taking a literal pay cut. SONOFABI@#$!!

Alright guys...Be Good, Stay Healthy, I'll check back in with you in a couple of days.

Joe - OUT!!

Currently have 2 comments:

  1. Luc says:

    lol the ending was hilarious and i feel you. N. Korea is being very ignorant and proud it's leaders really need to get their priorities straight i mean you got your fellow country man starving isn't that more important then proving a point. I think they should really set aside the political non-sense and get down to taking care of the people. I mean how do you even plan to win a war when half of the army is going to die due to nutritional issues just a thought.

  1. Joe says:

    The most amazing thing is amount of NON-tension there is when this happens. When this happened American media blew it up and were speculating for days. But it was a convenient distraction from our hundred of problems.

    Honestly when this happened and North Korea was making threats about an attack many South Koreans just rolled their eyes like "Man not this -ish again." There is much to be learned from their level-headedness in times of high stress. Because I thought I was a pro, these katz make me feel like my level of cool is Sesame Street status, lol!

Green Like a Stop Sign?

Green Like a Stop Sign?
Compliments of Elaine Fino