Latest News

Teacher's Day in South Korea (May 15th)

Thursday, May 13, 2010 , Posted by Joe at 8:48 AM

Hello to all my readers out there. I wanted to drop in briefly for a quick post. Today my students gave me a small token of their appreciation. They came in and said "Teacher Joey. You know that you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to us?" - No not really! Not because they wouldn't say it but is was mainly due to the fact that my students only know the following three phrases by heart:

1) "May I play please?"
2) "May I use the bathroom?"
3) "May I have some water?"


All of these equivocate to, "Joey can we just leave the class please?!" I should know because I was one of those kids ;)

Even though my awesomeness often goes unnoticed I was delightfully surprised when they bought me a gift for Teachers Day. I was given an awesome batch of Honey Castella Cakes that were gift wrapped.


To be honest, I was really touched by the whole thing. I guess I don't identify myself as an educator completely yet, but I am starting to understand a lot of my shortcomings as I work with the students. Since I've been here time has surely flown by, but its events like this that forces you to push PAUSE on the soundtrack we call Life.

Joe - OUT!!

Currently have 0 comments:

Green Like a Stop Sign?

Green Like a Stop Sign?
Compliments of Elaine Fino