Latest News

NANTA!

Sunday, October 3, 2010 , Posted by Joe at 8:55 PM

Just the other day I went back to Yangju City Hall to go see live performance. If you can recall the last time I went to City Hall I was able to see the Janguu Drum Performance. This time however, I got to see a very talented group called NANTA. NANTA is a very popular Korean culinary themed percussion group (so think of STOMP but with pastry chef hats). And I have got to say, it was probably one of the coolest shows I have yet to see in South Korea. The concert opened with a decent 5 piece Jazz band playing some covers of some old American songs. The most interesting part was that there was a tap dancer that filled in all of the solos sections. I just remembered trying to think of the last time I saw someone tap dancing...ohh that's right SESAME STREET! All-in-all it was a nice addition even if it was a quirky gimmick.

After their set had finished the stage crew rolled a bunch of cooking equipment onto the stage. Unfortunately I took videos on my camera but they were erased but I managed to save some of the low quality stills from the video my camera "claimed" to have shot...ugh! Despite my cameras epic fail I found a couple videos of what NANTA is just for you:

Click Here for Video








As you can see they are a very talented and their show was awesome! It was like watching The Blue Men or STOMP back in the states. Being a fellow percussionists I was thoroughly pleased and I plan to see them again at the beginning of October. Also if your are interested in finding out when you can see them I have a link to their website with all of updated performance listings. If you have seen them or if you plan on seeing them leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Click Here for NANTA Info

Joe - OUT!!

Currently have 0 comments:

Green Like a Stop Sign?

Green Like a Stop Sign?
Compliments of Elaine Fino